Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Home Again!

Josh and I are glad to be home!  We had an amazing time in Honduras!  I've had a crazy few weeks of seeing God show up and let me be a part of what He is doing in Ethiopia and Honduras.  What a great privilege!

Our theme for these trips have been to be at "the end of ourselves."  I definitely believe that Margie, Josh, and I experienced being at the end of ourselves throughout our time abroad.  We couldn't rely on our own strength to get through all God had in store for us while we were gone.  I almost think it is easy to forget about this mindset and lifestyle as we settle back into our daily lives here at home. We are tempted to do things in our own power and strength at home.  We have been gone for quite some time and upon returning there are many things that need to be cared for.  Therefore it is easy to forget to seek God first and to just take care of business.  But I believe the challenge will be for us to carry out this mind set of living at "the end of ourselves" into our daily lives now that we've returned.  If we can live out this lifestyle away from home, when we are in an environment of missions, I don't believe true life transformation has occurred.  Yet if we can live out this lifestyle and total dependence on the Spirt working in our lives at home, I think God gets the victory.  We can point to that in our lives and say, "God you have changed me."  This is what I'm hoping for, praying for!  I'd like to ask that you join me in praying that God would help each of us to live at the end of ourselves in our daily, so that the Holy Spirit can move and work in our lives beyond our time abroad.

On another note, I just hopped on a computer to look at our blog and realized none of our pictures posted from our trip.  Sorry about that.  We were using our iPad and I guess the compatibility with blogger may be a little off.  I'll try to go back and add the pictures in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment